SPM: The Roles and Responsibilities of Project Manager
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR BUILDING PROJECTS
1. The provision of project management services, which is additional to project consultancy services, is applicable for all projects, ie, both in-house and farm-out.
2. Scope of Services
2.1 Preliminary Services
- Development of the Master Programme in consultation with the Client and the Architect. The programme showing the overall time-basis for all phases of development will be used to monitor the progress of the project.
- Assist the Client in the appointment of consultants.
2.2 Design Management Services
- Assist the Client in the design development process to achieve the projects time, cost and value objectives.
- Reviewing in collaboration with the Client and Consultant, the adequacy of the development plan.
- Monitoring all necessary applications for planning and building approvals with government bodies.
- Monitoring design work progress and liaison between consultants.
- Monitoring of project’s overall master programme and cost.
- Convening of special meetings amongst consultants for programme and budget tracking purposes.
2.3 Contract Documentation Services
- Close monitoring and co-ordination of all appointed consultants.
- Monitor the consultant’s submission of planning and building approvals and permits.
- Advising Client on the consultant’s recommended contractual arrangements and packaging.
- Monitoring the preparation of contract documentation.
- Advising the Client on the evaluation and analysis of tender done by the consultants.
2.4 Contract and Construction Management Services
- Monitoring and streamlining post-contract administration and procedures.
- Continue monitoring of all works by the team of consultants and contractors.
- Initiating and directing of the maintenance of efficient expenditure control systems.
- Managing the project to meet the time, cost and quality objectives.
- Monitoring of overall site construction with the view of forecasting problems for their prevention.
- Close monitoring of all potential cost and time variations to the contracts.
- Recommending payments to contractors and consultants.
2.5 Post Construction Management Services
- Monitoring actions taken by contractors and consultants to achieve targeted completion dates.
- Monitoring of receipt of all necessary as-built drawings, operation and repair manuals, and all guarantees and warranties by the Consultants to Client.
- Monitoring of defect rectification during the defects liability period.
- Monitoring and negotiating on Client’s behalf, if necessary, the main contract final account.